The Student Room Group

not predicted 9s for chosen alevel entrance subjects?

hi I'm applying for westminster and kcs, I'm predicted all 8/9 which the highest my school offers as they don't predict singular grades, however we also have a 'currently working at' grade which is based off exam grades. im a bit worried as the subjects im applying with are the ones i got 8s for currently working at, and although i know 8 is good i got 9 for every other subjects i haven't even chosen which im worried will make me seem like they're my worst subjects.

given then westminster and kings both look at school reports, will this hinder my chances of getting in?
Reply 1
Hey those are all great grades firstly! I don’t think it will as I’m currently in year 13 and went to a very competing sixth form and my grades were 6/7/ and 9s but mainly 6s. If there’s an interview component that will also get into taken account and references etc. your grades are all equivalent to As/A*s and it shows how you have a high work ethic and are very academic so I think u are very very fine and you have a great chance of getting in. I’m unsure on how competitive those sixth forms are but my school had 1000 applicants for around 170 spaces for my year excluding the internal students so if I got in you should be fine with even higher grades. Additionally those are only predicted and you can mention how you believe you will exceed them in your interview if you think it will look better as they don’t actually know that but it shows you are very hard working at what you do. My target grades are AAA at the moment but my predicted is A*AA which shows how you can exceed them if you put the work and you seem very hard working! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hailey629
Hey those are all great grades firstly! I don’t think it will as I’m currently in year 13 and went to a very competing sixth form and my grades were 6/7/ and 9s but mainly 6s. If there’s an interview component that will also get into taken account and references etc. your grades are all equivalent to As/A*s and it shows how you have a high work ethic and are very academic so I think u are very very fine and you have a great chance of getting in. I’m unsure on how competitive those sixth forms are but my school had 1000 applicants for around 170 spaces for my year excluding the internal students so if I got in you should be fine with even higher grades. Additionally those are only predicted and you can mention how you believe you will exceed them in your interview if you think it will look better as they don’t actually know that but it shows you are very hard working at what you do. My target grades are AAA at the moment but my predicted is A*AA which shows how you can exceed them if you put the work and you seem very hard working! :smile:

Cannot rep ATM but agree!
Original post by Hailey629

thanks so much! i was just worried as ik 8s and 9s are amazing, it's just unfortunate that the subjects i got 8s in are my alevel options. 8s r good but in comparison with my other grades i was worried. but your reply really helped!
Reply 4
Original post by zziawoo
thanks so much! i was just worried as ik 8s and 9s are amazing, it's just unfortunate that the subjects i got 8s in are my alevel options. 8s r good but in comparison with my other grades i was worried. but your reply really helped!

Really you have nothing to be concerned about.Amazing grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending