The Student Room Group

Feeling of impermanence making future decisions difficult

TW

I am trying to decide what courses to do at uni and really struggling. as a bit of background, i have diagnosed depression and anxiety

Content warning: Mention of previous suicidal thoughts

Spoiler

this made choosing things like a levels really difficult because i just cannot see myself doing these things.
now it is coming around to having to look at courses and unis and im having the same issue. i just feel so impermanent and like im not going to be around for a levels or uni. i dont know if that is actually going to be the case but either way it makes it very difficult to make these decisions
has anyone else experienced this feeling and if so how have you dealt with it?
i completely understand how this feels because i feel the same way. i know this wont help much but it might just be nice to know that someone else gets it. i personally dont want to go to uni right now but im gonna apply for it anyway, just to be safe, so id say maybe just think about things you have more interest in. if you dont decide yet, you can always apply later on in life, like my mum is doing a uni course now at the age of 55 so just remember you dont have to stress TOO much about it now like it isnt the end of the world. but i do hope that everything gets better for you, and that you will be around to experience these things.

Quick Reply

Latest