The Student Room Group

Oxford Or Cambridge Geography?

So I’m looking at applying for oxbridge as I have strong predicted grades and want to give it a try to see if I can get an offer, however I don’t know which one to apply for.

I was originally going to apply for Oxford as I visited the uni on an Access day for state school kids and my mum has a pretty negative view of Cambridge.

However after attending a workshop on the brand new geography admissions test, I’m not sure if I should or not. The GAT is not based off of geography knowledge and includes a 750 word essay, I don’t think I’m the most eloquent writer which puts me at a major disadvantage.

Any views on which course is better?
And should I still apply for Oxford or do a last minute swap to Cambridge?
Reply 1
well if you choose oxford, your lovely mum will never have to tell you 'I told you so' and you can always blame her if things don't work out well lol.. but seriously both are great choices, if you need help with the essay please feel free to reach out.
Original post by inland-precision
So I’m looking at applying for oxbridge as I have strong predicted grades and want to give it a try to see if I can get an offer, however I don’t know which one to apply for.

I was originally going to apply for Oxford as I visited the uni on an Access day for state school kids and my mum has a pretty negative view of Cambridge.

However after attending a workshop on the brand new geography admissions test, I’m not sure if I should or not. The GAT is not based off of geography knowledge and includes a 750 word essay, I don’t think I’m the most eloquent writer which puts me at a major disadvantage.

Any views on which course is better?
And should I still apply for Oxford or do a last minute swap to Cambridge?

Hi,
I'm just going into my 3rd year studying Physical Geography at Lancaster. For deciding which course is better or more suited to you, personally I would look on the websites for each of the courses, as they should have the possible module options listed, and see which of these is most suited to you. Also, maybe look at other factors like the student satisfaction of current students studying these courses, here's a link to the complete university guide which may be some help. https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/geography-and-environmental-science
If you have any more questions about studying Geography at Uni, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending