The Student Room Group

Apply for college

Hi there,
Can I apply to college and still get in this year for the course I’d like to do or is it to late?
Reply 1
There is still time to submit an application for 2024 entry - I believe the deadline is 15th October. However if you have admissions tests as part of the application, the deadlines are sometimes earlier. You would have to check that and possibly pay a late entry fee.
Reply 2
Original post by 4orbit
There is still time to submit an application for 2024 entry - I believe the deadline is 15th October. However if you have admissions tests as part of the application, the deadlines are sometimes earlier. You would have to check that and possibly pay a late entry fee.

So are you trying to say if I apply by Monday am I likely to get in by a week or so
Reply 3
No. There is no way to join 2023 entry as Cambridge does not have courses in clearing. You have to have completed interviews and admissions tests in order to get a place. The only way you can get a place after results day is if you were put into the August reconsideration pool. I assumed by 'this year' you meant this year's application cycle.
Reply 4
Sorry what do you mean by Cambridge having no courses in clearing and I am talking about applying to a local college for a 1/2 year course
Reply 5
Original post by 4orbit
No. There is no way to join 2023 entry as Cambridge does not have courses in clearing. You have to have completed interviews and admissions tests in order to get a place. The only way you can get a place after results day is if you were put into the August reconsideration pool. I assumed by 'this year' you meant this year's application cycle.

Sorry what do you mean by Cambridge having no courses in clearing and I am talking about applying to a local college for a 1/2 year course
Reply 6
Original post by king345

You have posted this is a Cambridge university section - where should it be?
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
You have posted this is a Cambridge university section - where should it be?

Ohhh I’m so sorry I have posted in the wrong chat section.
Which section should I post it in?
Reply 8
Original post by king345
Ohhh I’m so sorry I have posted in the wrong chat section.
Which section should I post it in?

report your post under thread move and ask to be moved to the right part of the country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending