The Student Room Group

TSR Agnostic Society.

Where my fellow rationalists at?
Original post by quagmiretoilet
Where my fellow rationalists at?

So anyway, I'll go first.

Evolution, Abiogenesis & Other Worlds

Currently, we have solid evidence to suggest that life may spontaneously arise where sufficient and necessary conditions are met. Many of the systems that allow life to arise in this manner are well understood and documented, with experiments accurately replicating the environment of early earth. Not only that, we also have evidence to suggest that particular pre-requisites for a stable planet such as low orbital eccentricity, an atmosphere and magnetosphere capable of deflecting harmful radiation and liquid water are all fairly common within our galaxy. This all points to a universe that is not anthropocentric and as such it is unlikely that we are of any significance in the grand scheme of matters. The earlier facts mentioned about our universe; its awesome magnitude, panoply of exoplanets and potential extraterrestrial life are nowhere to be found in the literature of mainstream religion. What this indicates to me is that these religions are man-made, without the wisdom or intellectual capacity of a an all-knowing God that would be well informed of the situation elsewhere. Such religion that demands fear and submission in the face of the invisible spooky guy seems more a means of control and political persuasion. Soon, I will go into the numerous historical references that substantiate that claim.
@RoadtoSuccess

You might find this interesting.
Original post by quagmiretoilet
@RoadtoSuccess

You might find this interesting.

Thank you for the tag! :smile:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Thank you for the tag! :smile:

Just spreading the good word! :angel:

Quick Reply

Latest