The Student Room Group

Feeling ugly

Why am I not good at anything like I don't feel smart and I'm ugly all my firend had a boyfriend they have alot of good firends but I have nobody I'm really ugly too I don't understand I always try to be pretty but boys just think otherwise tbh sometimes I feel that because I'm black tbh I think it is I'm not light skined and pretty and I think ppl are light skinned have better opportunities and I'm not a talkative person etheir thh it's really sad I cry all the time thinking about this
Original post by Anonymous
Why am I not good at anything like I don't feel smart and I'm ugly all my firend had a boyfriend they have alot of good firends but I have nobody I'm really ugly too I don't understand I always try to be pretty but boys just think otherwise tbh sometimes I feel that because I'm black tbh I think it is I'm not light skined and pretty and I think ppl are light skinned have better opportunities and I'm not a talkative person etheir thh it's really sad I cry all the time thinking about this

I'm sorry you feel that way. I know it sounds cliche but I'm sure you're not ugly. Often times we feel we are due to beauty standards and social media (which obviously is all fake since most people use face editing apps, filters and even plastic surgery) Don't be hard on yourself. Your existence is proof that your face has been loved for generations ! This has nothing to do with your race.

I can't give you any dating advice but in order to make connections with others you need to talk to people. You don't have to be talkative you just need to surrounds yourself with people who have similar interests to you.

Is there any particular reason as to why you're not a talkative person ? do you have social anxiety or are you just shy ?

Quick Reply

Latest