The Student Room Group

struggling with year 13

i know this is probably normal, but i kinda just need to know that i’m not alone in this.

i’m really struggling with year 13. like the workload itself is fine; i’m ahead on my english coursework and there’s not too much homework. but trying to factor in year 12 revision, making & recapping resources, my job (4 hours only!), volunteering commitments, application things and doing things i enjoy is hell. it’s almost impossible and it’s making me miserable.

i’m so stressed that i keep waking up at about 5:30am no matter what time i go to sleep so i’m constantly tired, and frustrated, and it’s making me feel so much worse. i cry at school most days because i’m so overwhelmed.

to make it worse, i’m getting so overwhelmed that i cannot sit through lessons. i either cry or just completely dissociate. i can barely do anything in the lessons because i feel so physically and mentally overwhelmed. i missed over half of my english lesson today after getting sent on a 5 minute walk but not being able to go back in. luckily my teacher is a literal angel and prepared to help me in so many ways but im so angry at myself because it keeps happening.

idk it all feels overwhelming and impossible and it’s like nothing i do is enough?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by fieldofivy
i know this is probably normal, but i kinda just need to know that i’m not alone in this.

i’m really struggling with year 13. like the workload itself is fine; i’m ahead on my english coursework and there’s not too much homework. but trying to factor in year 12 revision, making & recapping resources, my job (4 hours only!), volunteering commitments, application things and doing things i enjoy is hell. it’s almost impossible and it’s making me miserable.

i’m so stressed that i keep waking up at about 5:30am no matter what time i go to sleep so i’m constantly tired, and frustrated, and it’s making me feel so much worse. i cry at school most days because i’m so overwhelmed.

to make it worse, i’m getting so overwhelmed that i cannot sit through lessons. i either cry or just completely dissociate. i can barely do anything in the lessons because i feel so physically and mentally overwhelmed. i missed over half of my english lesson today after getting sent on a 5 minute walk but not being able to go back in. luckily my teacher is a literal angel and prepared to help me in so many ways but im so angry at myself because it keeps happening.

idk it all feels overwhelming and impossible and it’s like nothing i do is enough?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are you able to quit your job? That would be one less thing to deal with?
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
Are you able to quit your job? That would be one less thing to deal with?

not really, I need the money for uni/sustaining myself as my parents cannot contribute very much. it’s only 4 hours (so one shift) a week anyway

Quick Reply

Latest