The Student Room Group

Senior Maths Challenge missing certificate?

Hi,
Earlier this academic year in October I took part in the Senior Maths Challenge and was told I would receive a participation certificate, but have not received anything yet. Is this a normal wait time or do I need to contact my college about it? I am currently writing my UCAS personal statement for a maths degree, and am hesitant to mention the maths challenge knowing I don't have proof that I did it.
Reply 1
Original post by College student2
Hi,
Earlier this academic year in October I took part in the Senior Maths Challenge and was told I would receive a participation certificate, but have not received anything yet. Is this a normal wait time or do I need to contact my college about it? I am currently writing my UCAS personal statement for a maths degree, and am hesitant to mention the maths challenge knowing I don't have proof that I did it.

Did you get gold, silver or bronze? Participation isn't worth mentioning
Original post by Muttley79
Did you get gold, silver or bronze? Participation isn't worth mentioning

I don't think so, but I don't have any other extracurricular maths experience beside reading books about maths, and I'm not applying to Russel Groups or anything. Would it still not be worth mentioning? It shows my enthusiasm for the subject
Reply 3
Original post by College student2
I don't think so, but I don't have any other extracurricular maths experience beside reading books about maths, and I'm not applying to Russel Groups or anything. Would it still not be worth mentioning? It shows my enthusiasm for the subject

OK so how will you mention it? You don't need the certificate but your school should be able to write one - or they can contact UKMT if they've lost the download.

What books are you mentioning?

Quick Reply

Latest