The Student Room Group

Am I just lazy, or is it something else?

Basically what the title is. I’m currently in year 13, and I’ve been struggling to get myself to go to college, let alone get out of bed. I can’t figure out a specific reason, but I feel like it’s a bunch of stuff piling up that’s causing this. For context, I have epilepsy and I’m on medication, I’ve had a history of depression too. Recently, I’ve just felt so unmotivated to do anything, and it’s not helping that I broke up with my boyfriend not too long ago, and I’m not getting any support from my family either. My mum doesn’t believe my “excuses” and thinks I’m overreacting. She’s been treating my younger brother better and pays more attention to him. Everyday feels the same and things that used to make me happy just doesn’t anymore. I’m tired no matter how much sleep I get, and most days it’s barely any. I really don’t want people to think that I’m lazy and a potential college dropout. I don’t know what to do and I’m just stuck in my room stressing over these feelings. Does anyone feel the same or have any advice?
I have also feel like this don't worry. When i was in the summer I felt no motivation to do any of the critical revision i needed to (and as a result was behind when i came back to school) and everything felt grey and my girlfriend and i had something going on and couldn't meet up as much as we used to and my only other true friend was busy so i felt isolated. I would cry a lot. Like a lot a lot. I then looked up my symptoms and I discovered that i may have had (and still have) depression so in reality being 'lazy' was a symptom among other things.
But what i can say is if you do feel like this, take some time away to heal and repair. If not, set yourself small and reasonable goal and take it one day at a time. Do things you don't want to like get out of bed. And proceed to spend the day on the sofa watching Shrek 2 on DVD or anything you enjoy. The next day do the same but go for a short walk. The next do as the day previous but do part of an assignment. Small goals will make you feel better trust me!
My parents also don't take me seriously and just say bE pOSiTivE so are not much of a help but consider going to a GP (this is slightly unrealistic tho with waiting lists) or talk to a helpline. Or even to someone at College or a trusted friend. Just tell someone. Or even write yourself a letter about what you are feeling a view it from the outside.( I did this. MASSIVE help) Or watch videos on it. I watched psych2go vids on YouTube and they helped a bunch but just look it up and you'll find something
But trust me friend it will get better. There will be good days. (also sorry for the amount of reading lol ) Hope this helps :^)))

Quick Reply

Latest