The Student Room Group

Preparing to resign from my job

Hi,

A backgrounder on my situation here but things haven't improved and I'm preparing to write a resignation letter for my job.

I had been overseeing a major project over the last year (doing a rebrand and a website) which completed a few months ago but it was a struggle at every step for me, including having to work with an agency who I didn't think worked well throughout the process but everyone else thought were the bees knees.

I've procrastinated from tasks to the point I've wasted days away at home, or in the office, listening to Youtube or on my phone using social media apps. I just can't seem to clear space in my head to focus on tasks logically so it all ends up a mess.

The boiling point of all this is a task I was assigned to produce new banners for an event next week, which due to issues (with the aforementioned agency, struggling to understand the budget and sourcing quotes for printing) completely in my control, that won't happen. And I haven't had the balls to inform my manager about it because of well, the s**t hitting the fan which I've always avoided in my life.

But, I want to ask if you think my employer will let me forego my notice due to my mental health struggles rather than force me to see out the month notice period?

Any other support would be appreciated.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest