The Student Room Group

Working for Oxford uni and college allocation?

Hey guys!

So, there is a very slim chance I may get an offer to work at the psychiatry department at Oxford as a post doc researcher.

My question is, outside of the Warneford hospital, would I be involved in any colleges at all?

This is the enigma of Oxford. PDRAs are not automatically assigned a College. You can request to become an associate member of a graduate college such as Wolfson, but there will be a subscription fee. The new VC is looking into whether post-docs should be assigned a college but don't hold your breath.

Quick Reply