The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

how do i specify the languages for a modern languages degree?

hi, i can't find any information on the durham website on how to submit which languages i want to apply for. i know that some unis like leeds and exeter want you to specify them in the 'further details' box when you apply, whilst others such as bristol make you choose after you have received your offer. do i need to specify anything for durham, or do they assume my chosen combination based on reading my personal statement?
Reply 1
DU MFL here - after you apply you’ll receive a form to submit your language preferences on the online portal, and I believe the PS will be sent on to the relevant language departments :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by poppy_337
hi, i can't find any information on the durham website on how to submit which languages i want to apply for. i know that some unis like leeds and exeter want you to specify them in the 'further details' box when you apply, whilst others such as bristol make you choose after you have received your offer. do i need to specify anything for durham, or do they assume my chosen combination based on reading my personal statement?

Hiya

The answer given above is correct. The website states,

If you are applying to Liberal Arts, Combined Honours, Natural Sciences or Modern Languages you will be required to complete the Subject Choice form as soon as possible. This is to ensure that we assess your application with the correct information. Your application could be assessed at any time after we receive it, so we need this information from you. You will find this form in the UG Applicant Portal.

You will need a User ID and Pin to access this portal, which you will receive via email after submitting your application.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest