The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for post 16

Hello,

I'm struggling to write this as I don't know what exactly to put. Although they are some suggestions I don't really know how to start and end it.

I really appreciate if anyone has any decent advice as I need this done by the end of this month.

I don't know what forum to put it so I will just put it a levels as it's relevant I guess?

Many thanks in advance,
Trickia xx
From experience perspective, I have wrote it myself and got into college in uk. I studied A level Maths, Physics and Comp Sci and studying BSc in Comp Sci at Uni of Leicester.

I'm assuming you are going to your local college i.e. college in your city. Generally speaking, most colleges let all their local students, it wont be much of an issue if you got the grades and what you should write on your personal statement is and introduction about yourself and what are your interests, what you want to study and why are you studying them? passionate? need it for future plans?

Your brain will automatically start thinking about what to write next, So the most difficult bit is to start XD.

Make sure you re-read it and tweak it. What colleges like to see is that your academic standard are good, have a future goal in your head and your are good enough for the course your applying. But ultimately, it doesn’t matter because I wanted to be a pilot and now here I'm studying Computer Science.

Good luck on your Personal Statement! Post if you finish it up and need help and let us know if you got accepted ! if you choose to.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Zephyr0221
From experience perspective, I have wrote it myself and got into college in uk. I studied A level Maths, Physics and Comp Sci and studying BSc in Comp Sci at Uni of Leicester.

I'm assuming you are going to your local college i.e. college in your city. Generally speaking, most colleges let all their local students, it wont be much of an issue if you got the grades and what you should write on your personal statement is and introduction about yourself and what are your interests, what you want to study and why are you studying them? passionate? need it for future plans?

Your brain will automatically start thinking about what to write next, So the most difficult bit is to start XD.

Make sure you re-read it and tweak it. What colleges like to see is that your academic standard are good, have a future goal in your head and your are good enough for the course your applying. But ultimately, it doesn’t matter because I wanted to be a pilot and now here I'm studying Computer Science.

Good luck on your Personal Statement! Post if you finish it up and need help and let us know if you got accepted ! if you choose to.

Thank you!

I'm applying to a state sixth form but it's quite competitive as they are all well know so unfortunately they don't really automatically let all the locals in. So not only was it struggle to start but I didn't know how to at least make it interesting to read lol.

I'm applying to 3 so I don't see any harm letting you know if I got an offer but that will have to wait till around March?

Thank you so much again and for such a quick reply!
Original post by Trickia
Thank you!

I'm applying to a state sixth form but it's quite competitive as they are all well know so unfortunately they don't really automatically let all the locals in. So not only was it struggle to start but I didn't know how to at least make it interesting to read lol.

I'm applying to 3 so I don't see any harm letting you know if I got an offer but that will have to wait till around March?

Thank you so much again and for such a quick reply!

I see, good luck!
Write a couple of sentences about each subject that you want to study.
Add in a sentence or two about what you currently think that you might want to do after sixth form.
Look up the values of the sixth form and write something about the values that most resonate with your personal values and about what you would bring to the sixth form culture.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Write a couple of sentences about each subject that you want to study.
Add in a sentence or two about what you currently think that you might want to do after sixth form.
Look up the values of the sixth form and write something about the values that most resonate with your personal values and about what you would bring to the sixth form culture.

Okay I will add that on too
Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending