The Student Room Group

advice on uni options

so i took a gap year initially i got A*BB in pysch bio chem. I retook bio and chem i dont think i got higher than last year. I reapplied to medicine and i got an interview for King's but then i was waitlisted - there are 20 people on the waitlist. I got an offer for Neuroscience at King's but you need an A in bio and chem for that, which I know is impossible for chemistry after those exams. My insurance is an unconditional offer at Qmary to study neuroscience. I asked King's if I don't get the grades for Neuroscience but I get the grades for the medicine course which is only one A in bio or chem (EMDP) would i still be considered for a place on the waitlist and they said no as we are not allowed to poach you from another university. I want to move out as well as I want to get away from my strict dad who is limiting my potential. After the neuroscience/biomed degree I want to do Medicine. Both Qmary and St georges allow you to transfer to Medicine, either after completing the degree or after 2nd year.

my qs are:
1) I've heard lots of negative things about Qmary the students and the area, is it a bad idea to move out there or should I release myself for clearing and go to St George's for biomed and live out there?
2) Is it a good idea to remove my insurance so that if I don't get my grades for Neuroscience but I do for the EMDP programme I can still be considered, and then if there is no place at all I can just study biomed at St george's?
3) I think I will like Neuroscience more but which uni is better overall St George's for biomed or Qmary for Neuroscience?
Reply 1
Original post by jubnatan
so i took a gap year initially i got A*BB in pysch bio chem. I retook bio and chem i dont think i got higher than last year. I reapplied to medicine and i got an interview for King's but then i was waitlisted - there are 20 people on the waitlist. I got an offer for Neuroscience at King's but you need an A in bio and chem for that, which I know is impossible for chemistry after those exams. My insurance is an unconditional offer at Qmary to study neuroscience. I asked King's if I don't get the grades for Neuroscience but I get the grades for the medicine course which is only one A in bio or chem (EMDP) would i still be considered for a place on the waitlist and they said no as we are not allowed to poach you from another university. I want to move out as well as I want to get away from my strict dad who is limiting my potential. After the neuroscience/biomed degree I want to do Medicine. Both Qmary and St georges allow you to transfer to Medicine, either after completing the degree or after 2nd year.

my qs are:
1) I've heard lots of negative things about Qmary the students and the area, is it a bad idea to move out there or should I release myself for clearing and go to St George's for biomed and live out there?
2) Is it a good idea to remove my insurance so that if I don't get my grades for Neuroscience but I do for the EMDP programme I can still be considered, and then if there is no place at all I can just study biomed at St george's?
3) I think I will like Neuroscience more but which uni is better overall St George's for biomed or Qmary for Neuroscience?

1. mate what you need to do is look at other unis, your grades are very good still, and contact them before you release yourself. also VISIT THE UNI cant stress that enough. I have heard bad things ill be honest but its a rg uni in london, gonna do well for you in the long run. st george is a lot worse imo then queen mary, im sure you could find a uni better then both with your grades. i mean do you need to be in london?
2. the uni will offer you another course if you meet the entry requirements for it and its close to the originl course sometimes, worth speaking to someone at your sixform/ college about the details
3. queen mary is better then st george but i think you could find a uni better then both even with the 2 B s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending