The Student Room Group

Help! Finding Historians For Edexcel-A-Level Coursework on Mao's China

Hi,
I am really struggling to find 3 historian's for my coursework for my question of "To what extent were women liberated in China during the Maoist period"
Does anyone know any historians who specially focus on women's liberation during the Maoist period? I need to use 3 - One who disagrees, One who agrees and another who has moderate views.
So far I have Delia Davin as my moderate one.

Please help me if you can, I would really appreciate it! 🙏
Original post by Panda982
Hi,
I am really struggling to find 3 historian's for my coursework for my question of "To what extent were women liberated in China during the Maoist period"
Does anyone know any historians who specially focus on women's liberation during the Maoist period? I need to use 3 - One who disagrees, One who agrees and another who has moderate views.

I must say, I did do my coursework on the Vietnam War, but I’m currently reading a book on Maoism by Julia Lovell ( A woman), who wrote “Maoism a Global History” maybe you should have a look at what she says in this book? Also search her name on Google Scholar, and she may have published free articles you can use.

It is a challenge to find female historians, let alone ones that actually focus on women!

Hope this helps!
Original post by Panda982
Hi,

Have a look at the wiki article on women on China and check out the references for the relevant section and bibliography.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending