The Student Room Group

Help with Edexcel A level history

Im doing edexcel route E so Mao's china and Russia. i need help with a level history, specifically the structure. How do I write an introduction, main paragraphs and conclusion? Also how do i get higher than 12/20 which is all I seem to be getting

I have tried asking my teacher for feedback but they're not really helpful :frown: would very much appreciate the help

P.S if you have any sample essays that have been marked an A grade, do let me know because I'd like to see an example of the structure
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Zuko9888
Im doing edexcel route E so Mao's china and Russia. i need help with a level history, specifically the structure. How do I write an introduction, main paragraphs and conclusion? Also how do i get higher than 12/20 which is all I seem to be getting

I have tried asking my teacher for feedback but they're not really helpful :frown: would very much appreciate the help

P.S if you have any sample essays that have been marked an A grade, do let me know because I'd like to see an example of the structure

Intro:
give context
Outline argument you’re going to put forward - should involve what ur gonna talk ab in the essay.
Then briefly outline conclusion (you'll expand on this later in your conclusion)

Main body:
No set way but I usually stick to 3 paras, one for each point
The structure I use is
Point, Explain, judgement, summary and then link back to question.

Conclusion:
Wrap up your argument
Answer the question

You don’t wanna leave all the evaluation to the conclusion. In your main body paragraphs, make sure to discuss the importance of ur points in relation to the questions. For example some factors may play a bigger role than others. In regards to source and interpretation questions, I can link yt vids with structures if you’d like?
Reply 2
Original post by Wabayuhyuh
Intro:
give context
Outline argument you’re going to put forward - should involve what ur gonna talk ab in the essay.
Then briefly outline conclusion (you'll expand on this later in your conclusion)

Main body:
No set way but I usually stick to 3 paras, one for each point
The structure I use is
Point, Explain, judgement, summary and then link back to question.

Conclusion:
Wrap up your argument
Answer the question

You don’t wanna leave all the evaluation to the conclusion. In your main body paragraphs, make sure to discuss the importance of ur points in relation to the questions. For example some factors may play a bigger role than others. In regards to source and interpretation questions, I can link yt vids with structures if you’d like?

Thank you so much, and yes the videos would be helpful too
I'll use the structure in my essays
Original post by Zuko9888
Thank you so much, and yes the videos would be helpful too
I'll use the structure in my essays

Normal essay
https://youtu.be/Yxb8RlGSV1Y

Paper 2 Source q
https://youtu.be/98IBa0r3t8s

Paper 3 source q
https://youtu.be/dfQ-glY56nc

You can just skip to the structure if the videos are too long for you. are you doing AS or A levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending