The Student Room Group

personal statement HELP ASAP!!!

Hi! I'm currently rushing to finish my personal statement because it was supposed to be handed into my school on the 9th and the deadline for Oxbridge is the 16th. I'm struggling so much with it and being able to show analysis skills whilst keeping it succinct.

I'm applying for literature and classics, and was wondering if anyone who has also applied for these before or has written a personal statement for literature or literally anyone who is relevant could read my personal statement and give me some feedback or advice. I don't really have time to re-write it, but it sucks and I really want it to be Oxbridge quality and I'm trying my best.

I've only had two people read it, but no one who does literature, and all the ones I read online are so intelligent. Anyways, any help at all would be desperately appreciated! :') Thanks!
Original post by cutelittlecherub
Hi! I'm currently rushing to finish my personal statement because it was supposed to be handed into my school on the 9th and the deadline for Oxbridge is the 16th. I'm struggling so much with it and being able to show analysis skills whilst keeping it succinct.

I'm applying for literature and classics, and was wondering if anyone who has also applied for these before or has written a personal statement for literature or literally anyone who is relevant could read my personal statement and give me some feedback or advice. I don't really have time to re-write it, but it sucks and I really want it to be Oxbridge quality and I'm trying my best.

I've only had two people read it, but no one who does literature, and all the ones I read online are so intelligent. Anyways, any help at all would be desperately appreciated! :') Thanks!

Dont let people on here read your personal statement as they could copy it, send it to ucas, and you both get marked for plagiarism. The student room has an official personal statement checker - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1372
Although judging by the time frame, you may not get a response in time - as you should send your personal statement to the school tomorrow, or ASAP.
The school internal deadline of the 9th, is because as they are the centre, add your predicted grades, references, and approve your application.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Dont let people on here read your personal statement as they could copy it, send it to ucas, and you both get marked for plagiarism. The student room has an official personal statement checker - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1372
Although judging by the time frame, you may not get a response in time - as you should send your personal statement to the school tomorrow, or ASAP.
The school internal deadline of the 9th, is because as they are the centre, add your predicted grades, references, and approve your application.

Yes okay, I think this is what I was expecting to hear lol. Just so afraid because my personal statement is so chaotic right now.
Reply 3
studential.com is great for personal statement examples - just don't copy them word for word, take inspiration from them.
good luck!
thank you!!! :smile:

Original post by moopyxo
studential.com is great for personal statement examples - just don't copy them word for word, take inspiration from them.
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending