The Student Room Group

university course

my original course that i chose and wrote about in my personal statement was nursing however i didn’t get any offers due to failing the interviews. i now want to change my course to primary teaching. is it best for me to tell my head of year now or on results day?
Original post by leyna2004
my original course that i chose and wrote about in my personal statement was nursing however i didn’t get any offers due to failing the interviews. i now want to change my course to primary teaching. is it best for me to tell my head of year now or on results day?

If you have no offers, you can apply now for another course / university via UCAS Extra; don't wait until results day. Given the nursing focus of your personal statement, the university to which you apply may ask for an updated personal statement (which you'd send to them directly, as you can't update your UCAS statement).

You head-of-year isn't involved in any of the above, although you can them them right now if you want support / advice.
Original post by leyna2004

Hello @leyna2004

I hope you're well. The choice is completely yours, but I would advise to tell your HoY now as they could perhaps guide you and give you some advice, they could be useful in telling you how to prepare for primary teaching too! It would be useful for the people who can support you, to know ASAP so you can get as much help as you need.

Best of luck
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending