The Student Room Group

Veterinary medicine at bristol

what can I do to increase my chances to get into a veterinary course specifically at Bristol or any vet course
Reply 1
Bristol SAQ, read what they are asking for. Do not answer what you *think* they are asking for, really read the questions and answer exactly what they are asking.
It sounds really simple but most do not, they try to interpret the questions too much. Also say things to make you stand out instead of looking like the ‘typical’ applicant. I will be starting at Bristol in September so will be happy to answer any questions 😌
Reply 2
Original post by tvishaad0001
what can I do to increase my chances to get into a veterinary course specifically at Bristol or any vet course

As @ALEreapp says really read the questions having read the admissions statement beforehand and noted what they are looking for. Then don’t answer with generic vague statements. Tell them about you and not some smooth student without character. They want to know who you are and why they should take you rather than someone else. Don’t invent things because they are used to reading the questionnaires and will spot false answers a mile off.
The stickied threads on this forum give great advice on how to prepare a good application: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7013645

In my opinion, anything that sets you apart from the crowd, whilst still proving that you fully understand the role of a veterinary surgeon is a good way to increase your chances. Learn as much as you can about the profession and use the application process to prove it.

If you have any specific questions, let us know. Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending