The Student Room Group

Anyone had experience in successful appeals on medical grounds?

Was in my last 2 weeks of university and they failed a non clinical reflective essay right as I was due to finish. I think the marker was a bit of a racist **** but it is what it is.

During submission of this 2000 word essay I stated immunosuppressive medication used in chemo (I'm a front line student), was on potent steroids, various other therapy and had to see a voice therapist due to heavy infection and cared for a schizophrenic who needed to be hospitalised all within a 4 month period. All whilst driving 1.5 hours and back to 12 hours shifts 4-9 days a week and sleeping in my small car if needed. Im honestly SHOCKED that I failed a non clinical reflection and he was biased against my references even though i had a variety; from charities, medical guidelines and journals (14 total).

I submitted over 15 supporting documents varying from gp to solicitors. I even mentioned how I had FIVE job interviews around the globe. You can't argue a grade which I think is UNREAL.
I submitted appeal on grounds of mitigating and medical circumstances that were known by university but not supported. They just didn't care and the past few years have been similar so I didnt push for help even though I'd just sectioned someone I was caring for.

I put up with being called all sorts of disgusting derogatory things and abuse and being sent home because nobody wanted "one of them", all because I wanted this degree. It just kills me that this was the nail.

Most posts here regarding appeals are due to absence and mental health, has anyone heard or any medical ones or mitigation circumstances that have passed?
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending