The Student Room Group

alevel biology and chemistry

hi, i wanted to ask if any one has any advice on how to go about bio and chem revision. for biology i got A on my mock as well as chem although. as in start of year 13. i am struggling with my bio because i simply dont know where i am going wrong with my bio reviison. i go through packs for bio and do exam questions. my teacher suggested that i should make note of most common exam question and make a mark scheme response for that. i am doing that. although in some questions the markscheme isnt what i think it would be. i write too much and miss the important bits. i miss key words. i was thinking whether i need to start making more notes. what is the ebst way to revise for bio as a year 13. also for chem i am struggling with homework. my teacher assign way to much homework and i cant even find time to revise for any other subject as well as chem it self and homework forces me to go over topics that i have planned for later on when they be most effective to start revising but i ahve to cahnge my study plan everyday because of chem. how should i go about it
Reply 1
Original post by mikoimran
hi, i wanted to ask if any one has any advice on how to go about bio and chem revision. for biology i got A on my mock as well as chem although. as in start of year 13. i am struggling with my bio because i simply dont know where i am going wrong with my bio reviison. i go through packs for bio and do exam questions. my teacher suggested that i should make note of most common exam question and make a mark scheme response for that. i am doing that. although in some questions the markscheme isnt what i think it would be. i write too much and miss the important bits. i miss key words. i was thinking whether i need to start making more notes. what is the ebst way to revise for bio as a year 13. also for chem i am struggling with homework. my teacher assign way to much homework and i cant even find time to revise for any other subject as well as chem it self and homework forces me to go over topics that i have planned for later on when they be most effective to start revising but i ahve to cahnge my study plan everyday because of chem. how should i go about itcsn you team up

With biology search out some YouTube videos which explain how you can gain maximum marks.You may be not giving enough A2 detail in your answers plus a six mark question requires 6 points.There are lots out there so spend a couple of evenings researching the ones which appeal to you.Re Chemistry can you team up with class mates and split the work.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
With biology search out some YouTube videos which explain how you can gain maximum marks.You may be not giving enough A2 detail in your answers plus a six mark question requires 6 points.There are lots out there so spend a couple of evenings researching the ones which appeal to you.Re Chemistry can you team up with class mates and split the work.

yeah for chemistry i can try doing that. for bio what kind of videos would u suggest the tip and tricks one?
Reply 3
Original post by mikoimran
yeah for chemistry i can try doing that. for bio what kind of videos would u suggest the tip and tricks one?

What exam board for Biology?
Reply 4
Original post by Scotney
What exam board for Biology?

aqa
Reply 7
Can anyone help me my revision plan for alevel chemistry, I want to get an A star. And I am predicted an A. How can I study more effectively to get an A star
Reply 8
Is Uplearn good?

Quick Reply

Latest