The Student Room Group

A Level subject regrets? Art>Biology

I now no longer want to go into the field I did whenever I picked out my ALevels. Im in my As year/year 13 and a possible career I want to get into is dentistry. It requires biology and I do math, physics, chemistry and art. I'm thinking of dropping art and taking the AS biology exam next year.
Did you regret your subject choices and do anything about them? Or nothing? How did your choice work out for you?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Mylksiie_
I now no longer want to go into the field I did whenever I picked out my ALevels. Im in my As year/year 13 and a possible career I want to get into is dentistry. It requires biology and I do math, physics, chemistry and art. I'm thinking of dropping art and taking the AS biology exam next year.
Did you regret your subject choices and do anything about them? Or nothing? How did your choice work out for you?

Although its helpful for the applicant to have biology at alevel but its not a requirement for some universities and it depends on which university you want to go. Because most require chem which u already do. So you can still apply without having to take a gap year ie: finish alevel biology- which is not a bad option either but it takes one extra year. So take a look at this website https://www.dentalschoolscouncil.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/DSC-Entry-Requirements-entry-2024.pdf and look at the unis which don’t require biology, then make the desicon on which uni you want to go and wether it requires you to do bio.
Lots of Good luck your way. May you make the best decision!
Reply 2
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Although its helpful for the applicant to have biology at alevel but its not a requirement for some universities and it depends on which university you want to go. Because most require chem which u already do. So you can still apply without having to take a gap year ie: finish alevel biology- which is not a bad option either but it takes one extra year. So take a look at this website https://www.dentalschoolscouncil.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/DSC-Entry-Requirements-entry-2024.pdf and look at the unis which don’t require biology, then make the desicon on which uni you want to go and wether it requires you to do bio.
Lots of Good luck your way. May you make the best decision!

thank you for the link

Quick Reply

Latest