The Student Room Group

Chemistry A-Level and becoming a Doctor

Currently, I'm only doing two sciences, being biology and physics, but not chemistry. If I wanted to become a doctor would it be okay to only have chemistry A-Level despite not having done it at GCSE?
Original post by hjdjhdsvfsd
Currently, I'm only doing two sciences, being biology and physics, but not chemistry. If I wanted to become a doctor would it be okay to only have chemistry A-Level despite not having done it at GCSE?

No as every Medicine course at uni requires A-level Chemistry, but not necessarily the other two. Even if it required Biology, it requires Chemistry so no you wouldn't be able to do medicine without it.
Reply 2
Original post by hjdjhdsvfsd

I'd say yes! As long as you have the A-levels it should be fine. I will say though going from doing no chemistry to chem Alevel is a massive step uo so if you were going to do it i would be aware of that!

Quick Reply

Latest