The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and we always talk about getting engaged. He doesn’t seem fussed about it. He says he doesn’t know if he wants to get married and if he does propose he would do it very casually like when on a walk but I have said I would want it to be special. Is this normal? Like surely if he really liked me he would want to get married and propose in a special way? I don’t know what to think.
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and we always talk about getting engaged. He doesn’t seem fussed about it. He says he doesn’t know if he wants to get married and if he does propose he would do it very casually like when on a walk but I have said I would want it to be special. Is this normal? Like surely if he really liked me he would want to get married and propose in a special way? I don’t know what to think.

Some people aren't into making big gestures; I get that.

However, his lack of consideration when you've told him you want it to be special, makes me think that he's not taking you or your needs seriously. How is the rest of the relationship? Is everything else about it good or going how you would like it to? What was your tone like when you said you'd like ti to be special?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending