The Student Room Group

Food tech work count NEA 1

Hi , has anyone before been over the word count of the NEA 1 in food tech? my exam board is AQA.

My word count is 3.5k atm but the max is 2000, but my teacher said that the amount i’ve done was fine. please lmk !
Reply 1
Original post by mariakharch
Hi , has anyone before been over the word count of the NEA 1 in food tech? my exam board is AQA.

My word count is 3.5k atm but the max is 2000, but my teacher said that the amount i’ve done was fine. please lmk !

I did the food tech NEA 1 last year. My exam board was WJEC, Because of the word count, I did really bad on that NEA, the word limit was 2.5k words. Which was not good for me because I could not add much detail to the coursework. I had other coursework that I did in other subjects last year and I got almost full marks if not I got full marks in the coursework because it had no word limit- I tend to write a lot in coursework and put a lot of detail into them . But couldn't in food tech NEA 1 and failed that piece of coursework (I got 18/40 :frown:) maybe also because my teacher was useless too and didn't help anyone. Idk anyone who has gone over the word limit, but I don't think much would happen if you did because coursework needs to be detailed. Just try your best in the coursework and ask your teacher for help and you will do well in it.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Alonepast

I did the food tech NEA 1 last year. My exam board was WJEC, Because of the word count, I did really bad on that NEA, the word limit was 2.5k words. Which was not good for me because I could not add much detail to the coursework. I had other coursework that I did in other subjects last year and I got almost full marks if not I got full marks in the coursework because it had no word limit- I tend to write a lot in coursework and put a lot of detail into them . But couldn't in food tech NEA 1 and failed that piece of coursework (I got 18/40 :frown:) maybe also because my teacher was useless too and didn't help anyone. Idk anyone who has gone over the word limit, but I don't think much would happen if you did because coursework needs to be detailed. Just try your best in the coursework and ask your teacher for help and you will do well in it.

Thank you so much ! My teacher doesn’t help at all unfortunately :frown: it’s due tomorrow midnight so i’ve got to shorten that down i thjnk
Reply 3
Original post by mariakharch
Thank you so much ! My teacher doesn’t help at all unfortunately :frown: it’s due tomorrow midnight so i’ve got to shorten that down i thjnk

No problem :smile:. Same with my teacher last year, she didn't help anyone for NEA 1 and everyone did really bad in that NEA but she helped more for the NEA 2 ppl did much better in that NEA. Best of luck in ur NEA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending