The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
amazingtrade
You have lectures on a saturday?

It's the Cambridge way... Natural scientists and medics have Saturday lectures from the second year onwards.
Reply 21
It'a nearly 9am and I'm not awake. I don't do mornings! I prefer afternoon lectures
No way would I get up early if I had the choice. On Monday I now start at 4pm, which is great :biggrin: My ideal lecture time would be about 9pm.
Reply 23
We always get 9am starts and invariably 5pm finishes -particulalry if we have a 3 hour lab prac in the afternoon or are out doing animal handling. I just cant wait until we get night shifts when we get to 4th and 5th year (!!!) if i get that far!!!! Its so annoying when you come home absolutely knackered to discover that your neighbout has had one sodding lecture all week and is sat there bored whilst you still have a mountain of work to do and all they want to do is have an all night party cos they dont have to get up the next
day!
Reply 24
morning lectures~~after the lecture i could do lots of things..otherwise i will spend all time on sleeping...
Reply 25
lou p
which would you rather do? i don't start uni til 11 every day, but rarely get in before 5 (even on a wednesday i don't get in til about 3 usually)... the medics i live with are in at 9am most days, but hardly ever have afternoon lectures... so which is better?

i think i'd prefer morning lectures... at the moment i just sleep, wheras if i had an afternoon off i would do more work... i jsut think my time would be more effectively spent...

lou xxx

Last term I had both 9am starts and some 5/6pm finishes.
This term I have 10am starts generally and 5/6pm finishes everyday but for Wed and Fri. It would have been friday also, but we managed to rearrange the tutorial because nobody would have concentrated during a 4-5pm tutorial on fri afternoonv :rolleyes:
Reply 26
Last year I had four 9am lectures, and never finished in the afternoons later than 2pm (apart from my lab day), and although it was a pain getting up after nights out, I had all afternoon free to do what I wanted - this year I have three 9am starts and a 10am, and I still don't finish until 5 or 6pm three times a week - only afternoons I get off is wednesday (like everyone) and friday :frown: . Chemistry is cruel!
Reply 27
Last year in C++ the lecture was 3-5, that was awful because I get out just in time for the rush hour, my jounrey involves to get back involves getting into the other side of the city centre, then getting a bus out which has to go through most the city centre, it takes about an hour and a half just to get 4 miles. It would be quicker to walk.
Reply 28
amazingtrade
You have lectures on a saturday?

I only have one, but of course it has to be at 9am :mad: This makes no sense to me, as the lecture theatre isn't used at any other time, surely the lecturer and us would be so much better off if it were at 11 or 12? Only about half the medics were there today; I've never seen it look so empty!

NatScis have Saturday lectures in the first year, and most of them have them in the 2nd year too, medics only get them in 2nd term of 2nd year, for which I'm very grateful.
Reply 29
Chicken
only afternoons I get off is wednesday (like everyone) and friday :frown: . Chemistry is cruel!

lol... my maths lectures are wednesday afternoons, they finish at 2, but all sports things start at 12.30.... obviously mathematicians aren't expected to be sporty :rolleyes:

my older brother always moans about how many lectures and stuff he has (he does chem)... unlike my stupid twin who does 6 hours a week contact time! (doing politics)

lou xxx
Reply 30
lou p
lol... my maths lectures are wednesday afternoons, they finish at 2, but all sports things start at 12.30.... obviously mathematicians aren't expected to be sporty :rolleyes:

my older brother always moans about how many lectures and stuff he has (he does chem)... unlike my stupid twin who does 6 hours a week contact time! (doing politics)

lou xxx

We always moan about chemistry - my wednesday's don't finish until 2 either, and so I can't go swimming training anymore as it starts then. In the student newspaper the other week there was something about the major difference in contact hours, and also how if you had lectures on wednesday afternoon you could complain as that wasn't supposed to happen...maybe I dhould go do that!
Reply 31
Chicken
We always moan about chemistry - my wednesday's don't finish until 2 either, and so I can't go swimming training anymore as it starts then. In the student newspaper the other week there was something about the major difference in contact hours, and also how if you had lectures on wednesday afternoon you could complain as that wasn't supposed to happen...maybe I dhould go do that!

lol, i'd love to moan, but knowing my luck they'd put it at a worse time! *cough*9am*cough*

lou xxx
Reply 32
Here is a nice little thaught for you all, when you graduate you will be in 9-5 every day! :tongue:
Reply 33
I unfortunately have a 9am-8pm Monday thats chocker with 10 hours worth of lectures! :eek:
It means though that I'm only in on a tuesday 2-4, thursday 11-1 and friday 9-11 (or 1 if i have a practical)
I have to say I prefer afternoon lectures. I hate getting up at the crack of dawn :frown:
9am definetly. Means I can study in the afternoon.
Reply 35
I prefer 9am lecturers instead, so we can do some studying and other stuff in the afternoon.
Reply 36
lou p
which would you rather do? i don't start uni til 11 every day, but rarely get in before 5 (even on a wednesday i don't get in til about 3 usually)... the medics i live with are in at 9am most days, but hardly ever have afternoon lectures... so which is better?

i think i'd prefer morning lectures... at the moment i just sleep, wheras if i had an afternoon off i would do more work... i jsut think my time would be more effectively spent...

lou xxx

I would rather have afternoon lectures. Unfortunately I have about an equal number of morning and afternoon days! grrr! hehe
Reply 37
amazingtrade
Here is a nice little thaught for you all, when you graduate you will be in 9-5 every day! :tongue:

Chance would be a fine thing :wink:
I have 9am every day, but hardly anything after 1230/1300 (but an occasional lecture from 1400-1500). I would prefer a 1000 start, as 0900 is a bit too early, howwever, this would mean that lunch would be a problem (say finish at 1330/1400). Mornins are better as you get the whole day to use, if I just worked afternoons I would never get up!!
timeofyourlife
Chance would be a fine thing :wink:

why don't you do the 'academic route'?

Latest

Trending

Trending