The Student Room Group

Coming back from holiday on the day of Cambridge English Lit admissions exam?

What time do Cambridge do the entrance essay on the 22nd of November? Is it at the exact same time for everyone? I get back into England around 9am ish. I didn’t even realise my mum booked a holiday around this time.
I really doubt you will have time to get from an airport to a test centre in time unless it starts in the mid-late afternoon. Not even considering the fact after travelling (+/- jetlag) you will probably not be in a fit state to sit the exam.

I would suggest convincing your parent to reschedule said holiday. Perhaps during the actual school holidays...
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
I really doubt you will have time to get from an airport to a test centre in time unless it starts in the mid-late afternoon. Not even considering the fact after travelling (+/- jetlag) you will probably not be in a fit state to sit the exam.

I would suggest convincing your parent to reschedule said holiday. Perhaps during the actual school holidays...

it’s not at a test centre. it’s online, which is why i’m wondering. bc i could make it.
Reply 3
Original post by kaxxxxc2
What time do Cambridge do the entrance essay on the 22nd of November? Is it at the exact same time for everyone? I get back into England around 9am ish. I didn’t even realise my mum booked a holiday around this time.

If you are serious about Cambridge, I would not risk it. Even if by good fortune you managed to get on-line in time for the exam, you would not be in the right state of mind. If you don't want to completely change your holiday plans, can't you travel 1 day before or after your mum to enable you to take the exam?

UPDATE - looks like it will be 9:30-11:00, so you definitely need to change your flight if you want to take it - https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/current-applicants/remote-admissions-assessment
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by kaxxxxc2
it’s not at a test centre. it’s online, which is why i’m wondering. bc i could make it.

Well you still would need access to a computer in a quiet space with a good Internet connection. Which may be hard to organise!
Reply 5
Original post by lalexm
If you are serious about Cambridge, I would not risk it. Even if by good fortune you managed to get on-line in time for the exam, you would not be in the right state of mind. If you don't want to completely change your holiday plans, can't you travel 1 day before or after your mum to enable you to take the exam?

UPDATE - looks like it will be 9:30-11:00, so you definitely need to change your flight if you want to take it - https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/current-applicants/remote-admissions-assessment

thank you! i rang them and they said it’ll be in two slots - 9am or 5pm. my mum has changed my flight to one day earlier so it’s all good now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending