Are there any interviews for MSc Security and Resilience? - Imperial
no
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by KSedaine
no

Thank you for your reply. I've just got my offer! Super happy. Speechless.
Original post by Toparti
Thank you for your reply. I've just got my offer! Super happy. Speechless.

Any good tips or recommendations on how to get into this master course? I'm planning to apply myself this year
Reply 4
Original post by zoom_zoom
Any good tips or recommendations on how to get into this master course? I'm planning to apply myself this year

Look through the course content page and the requirements they want. I think a minimum of 2:1 so it's very possible. However they are interested in your OVERALL interest of the course (NOT Imperial). A a strong indication of why you want to study the course should be enough! :smile: Best of luck.

PS - Apply ASAP. Don't leave it till the last round.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Toparti
Look through the course content page and the requirements they want. I think a minimum of 2:1 so it's very possible. However they are interested in your OVERALL interest of the course (NOT Imperial). A a strong indication of why you want to study the course should be enough! :smile: Best of luck.

Hey man, congrats on the offer! Im a first-year computing student and planning to apply for this after my degree. I saw the entry requirements for this course and its minimum first class? Does that mean you got a first class or did you get like an upper 2:1 and the uni was being lenient and gave you an offer?

Can you give me some tips for a strong application, as in did you do a lot of internships or something which made your application stand out? Was it ur personal statement and references that stood out?

Many thanks
I am also applying for this program. Any chat group?
Reply 7
Original post by Toparti

Hi, did you apply for full time or part time? Thanks
Original post by FK99
Hi, did you apply for full time or part time? Thanks

I did part time.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1
I did part time.

Thank you for the reply. I'm in the process of applying for the next round and thinking of doing part time, in terms of the schedule was it flexible to hold a job while studying? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks a ton!
Is it possible? Yes, it is. I was working full-time when I did it.

So generally you'll take 2 modules each semester. You'll have a 2-hour lecture for each module once a week. Lectures are generally going to be from 9am-11am with an optional 1-hour lab OR 3pm-5pm with an optional 1-hour lab. Some modules could schedule stand-alone labs on a different day to the lecture.

Some lectures were streamed live using Teams and recorded (50%-70%) - and could be watched from the comfort of your couch. We also had a few profs. who did not want to be recorded.

Advice

You could take 2 modules that happen on the same day i.e. one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Then agree time-off with your work on that day OR use 8 of your work vacation days.

Select modules that will be recorded

Make friends - someone can take notes/ or record for you.

Book a room for the day in the library and work remotely. Start work early e.g.7:30am and finish at 3pm so you can attend in person. i.e. just do afternoon modules.

Reply 11
Original post by KSedaine
Is it possible? Yes, it is. I was working full-time when I did it.
So generally you'll take 2 modules each semester. You'll have a 2-hour lecture for each module once a week. Lectures are generally going to be from 9am-11am with an optional 1-hour lab OR 3pm-5pm with an optional 1-hour lab. Some modules could schedule stand-alone labs on a different day to the lecture.
Some lectures were streamed live using Teams and recorded (50%-70%) - and could be watched from the comfort of your couch. We also had a few profs. who did not want to be recorded.
Advice

You could take 2 modules that happen on the same day i.e. one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Then agree time-off with your work on that day OR use 8 of your work vacation days.

Select modules that will be recorded

Make friends - someone can take notes/ or record for you.

Book a room for the day in the library and work remotely. Start work early e.g.7:30am and finish at 3pm so you can attend in person. i.e. just do afternoon modules.

Thank you so much, I guess you’re graduated now?
Original post by FK99
Thank you so much, I guess you’re graduated now?

Yes I have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending