The Student Room Group

economics degree

Hi everybody,
I am in year 12 currently doing maths,furthermaths,computer science and economics(one of which i will drop).My tutor told me i have to an EPQ if i drop one alevel subject is that necessary for economics degree?i was also wondering what super curricular stuff i should do for economics degree.I want to go to Lse ,i thought about reading economics books and maybe magazines and articles and do volunteering.Also futhermore i am really interested in some aspects of banking and economics and i thought that i should do an economics degree as that keep my options and future jobs broad.I want to become an accountant ,is it smart for me to do economics degree(i thought of doing accounting degree but that limits my options)
Reply 1
Original post by .,...
Hi everybody,
I am in year 12 currently doing maths,furthermaths,computer science and economics(one of which i will drop).My tutor told me i have to an EPQ if i drop ohi! i am currently doing an economics degree, and at sixth form did a levels in maths, chemistry and biology, with as further maths (i dropped it after lower sixth). i didn't do an epq, so its not necessary at all!
i would suggest just to keep an eye on the news and everything thats currently happening in the world, both related to economics and not. i would also suggest maybe looking for online courses on websites such as edx if you want to widen your knowledge before applying.
economics would probably nicely lean into what career path you want to go down, but if you wanted you could look into degrees such as economics and finance, rather than just straight economics
hope this helps and good luck!ne alevel subject is that necessary for economics degree?i was also wondering what super curricular stuff i should do for economics degree.I want to go to Lse ,i thought about reading economics books and maybe magazines and articles and do volunteering.Also futhermore i am really interested in some aspects of banking and economics and i thought that i should do an economics degree as that keep my options and future jobs broad.I want to become an accountant ,is it smart for me to do economics degree(i thought of doing accounting degree but that limits my options)

hi! i am currently doing an economics degree, and at sixth form did a levels in maths, chemistry and biology, with as further maths (i dropped it after lower sixth). i didn't do an epq, so its not necessary at all!
i would suggest just to keep an eye on the news and everything thats currently happening in the world, both related to economics and not. i would also suggest maybe looking for online courses on websites such as edx if you want to widen your knowledge before applying.
economics would probably nicely lean into what career path you want to go down, but if you wanted you could look into degrees such as economics and finance, rather than just straight economics
hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by AJStonee
hi! i am currently doing an economics degree, and at sixth form did a levels in maths, chemistry and biology, with as further maths (i dropped it after lower sixth). i didn't do an epq, so its not necessary at all!
hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you,I now i want to go into the banking side of economics and the accounting side of it,but if i were to do for example economics and finance can it decrease my employbility chances compared to just economics degree
Reply 3
Original post by .,...
Thank you,I now i want to go into the banking side of economics and the accounting side of it,but if i were to do for example economics and finance can it decrease my employbility chances compared to just economics degree

i dont think so. with an economics and finance degree you will still do all the core economic modules, it will just mean that the extra modules you do will have a focus on finance rather than just economics. you can also choose more economic or finance focused modules for optional modules depending on what will best suit you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending