The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for Medicine?

Hi there,

I'm a mature student currently completing an Access course in Law. I completed my A-levels in Bio, Chemistry and Maths and achieved AAA ten years ago. Would I be able to apply despite the number of years that have passed since completing science related A levels.

Thanks

The old Frog
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
I think it is worth contacting a few universities now for their opinion (you might need to try a few). Will they be surprised that you are taking an access to law course? Was it done purely to gather information about the subject to see if it would interest you, because why not apply direct to universities with your A levels? Science A levels are fine for law, so were you told that you needed evidence of recent study? Re medicine, have you applied in the past and, if so, were you offered a place? And have you spent the intervening time (or recent years/months if it is a newish idea) gathering information and working in a related field? Universities will be intrigued as to why now, so if you do get in touch with them, you might even be asked that informally.
Moved thread to the medicine section as there might be a bit more expertise as to how recent your study needs to have been, (or whether the access subject might be a hindrance).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending