The Student Room Group

Cambridge accidental overseas offer

Hi everyone,
I am really happy to have gotten a Cambridge offer yesterday and was reading through the T&C and offer letter. In the fees section, it says I have to pay a fee of roughly £50k, which is an overseas price. I think I have been labelled as an overseas student by their admissions system, and am trying to appeal it by filling in their fee status questionnaire.
The letter mentions that making the appeal will let them make a "review of the decision". Does this mean they could retract the offer?

Does Cambridge have some sort of quota for how many international students or home students they admit, meaning that if they find out im a home student, they would make room for another international student to keep to their quota?
Reply 1
Hey! The same thing has happened to me, but I've looked into it and they can't retract the offer. Once you've submitted the evidence, they'll review and could give you a different offer letter, but you'd still have an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by hello665
Hey! The same thing has happened to me, but I've looked into it and they can't retract the offer. Once you've submitted the evidence, they'll review and could give you a different offer letter, but you'd still have an offer.

oh that sounds great then, thanks! My offer was also kind of weird for my course, maybe because of the overseas thing.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I am really happy to have gotten a Cambridge offer yesterday and was reading through the T&C and offer letter. In the fees section, it says I have to pay a fee of roughly £50k, which is an overseas price. I think I have been labelled as an overseas student by their admissions system, and am trying to appeal it by filling in their fee status questionnaire.
The letter mentions that making the appeal will let them make a "review of the decision". Does this mean they could retract the offer?

Does Cambridge have some sort of quota for how many international students or home students they admit, meaning that if they find out im a home student, they would make room for another international student to keep to their quota?

Quotas only exist for medicine (for any kind of student) - those are government imposed on all medical schools.

Just contact them and advise you believe you should be home fees status. They will probably send you a questionnaire to complete and presuming you are eligible for home feed status they can just correct the offer. I've had this happen to me at a couple of unis (not cambridge) due to having ILR status.

If you are holding an offer for medicine then that may conplicate matters but you should even more definitely get in touch with them ASAP then...
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

Quotas only exist for medicine (for any kind of student) - those are government imposed on all medical schools.

Just contact them and advise you believe you should be home fees status. They will probably send you a questionnaire to complete and presuming you are eligible for home feed status they can just correct the offer. I've had this happen to me at a couple of unis (not cambridge) due to having ILR status.

If you are holding an offer for medicine then that may complicate matters but you should even more definitely get in touch with them ASAP then...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending