The Student Room Group

medicine vs engineering

im unsure between nuclear egineering or medicine, which one is better?
Also im not sure what my a level options should be i want to keep both options open (i only want to do three)
Original post by bingbongif
Also im not sure what my a level options should be i want to keep both options open (i only want to do three)

Better in terms of what?
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Better in terms of what?

in terms of if the time spent in uni is worth the job and the pay check because medicine is already long+placements whereas enigneering can be lengthened depending on if you goon to do a masters and will quickly earn money than doctors who are unexperienced
(sorry for the long reply)

Totally different fields, jobs & ways of working.
Reply 4
If you are a creative person definitely go to engineering side...

Hello!
Nuclear engineering and medicine are very different in terms of university course and career.
Not many universities offer nuclear engineering at undergraduate, however, Lancaster University does. For engineering, BEng is typically 3 years and MEng is four, a year in industry is an additional year. For medicine courses I think its typically 5+ years.
I would recommend looking at both nuclear engineering and medicine university courses' module lists/content and do some research about each career to see what you find interesting. The entry requirements/ A-Levels needed will be different for Nuclear Engineering vs Medicine so I recommend looking at which ones are needed.

If you have any questions specifically regarding engineering then let me know!
Izzy (Lancaster Engineering Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest