The Student Room Group

Taking two gap years before Oxford

Is it possible to take two gap years after sixth form and still get accepted into oxford (specifically to study law)? I’m planning on joining the army (in a foreign country), which would teach me a new language and help me acquire a new skill set, but I wonder how Oxford would view such a thing.

Also, is it possible to apply for university two years in advance, as it would obviously be ideal to apply whilst still in sixth form.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
I second this question, I'm Korean and national service is mandatory... would that go against me if i did it before uni?
Original post by Dazza07h
I second this question, I'm Korean and national service is mandatory... would that go against me if i did it before uni?

https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/459/~/can-i-still-apply-to-an-undergraduate-degree-course-if-i-have-to-complete-two

Original post by mikiw08
Is it possible to take two gap years after sixth form and still get accepted into oxford (specifically to study law)? I’m planning on joining the army (in a foreign country), which would teach me a new language and help me acquire a new skill set, but I wonder how Oxford would view such a thing.

Also, is it possible to apply for university two years in advance, as it would obviously be ideal to apply whilst still in sixth form.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest contacting Oxford as your situation is slightly different to the above as it's not a national requirement per se, although I suspect they would recommend going through that same process.

Quick Reply

Latest