The Student Room Group

Crying in front of teacher

(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Well when you get in oxbridge, if any of them make fun of you, just wave your 6 digit salary at them.
I've cried in front of teachers and my Oxford tutors, they're probably relatively used to seeing it lol
Reply 3
Original post by ecovan1
I've felt quite down and stressed, I'm applying for Oxbridge and I'm doing four a levels and I'm quite involved in school life, sports and that so I'm worried about that. Basically I was a bit late for a lesson by accident and my teacher is quite strict and disciplinarian and he only asked me why I was late and I just started crying... like ugly crying when you can't even speak and apologising... I'm SOOOOO embarrassed omg.

You have a lot going on, what with 4 A levels and everything else, so if you were late (happens to the best of us!), it is no surprise that some of the emotions came out. Hopefully someone - your teacher, for instance - was kind enough to talk to you later about your stress levels and how to tackle things. If it is a highly pressurised place, and you haven't already done so, talk to one or two other students to see how they are feeling and if they have any useful coping strategies. If you think it is more just you and your personality (and, I repeat, the fact that are doing so much), then it might be helpful to speak to family or friends away from the school environment to explain how you are feeling, just to let go of some of the tension. Try to build some relaxation into each day, whether it is silly videos, going for a walk or... whatever you find relaxing. Just a quick note of caution: for some people, some universities are more stressful than others. In the end, when universities offer you a place, you might want to consider which is the ideal place for you (which could well be Oxbridge).

Quick Reply

Latest