The Student Room Group

17 and no GCSES

Ive been out of school since age 13 due to mental health issues and Ive never sat my GCSES. I wanted to get my qualifications at my local college but I was told I’d have to do a separate course alongside studying for my GCSES and I think it will be too much for me to handle mentally. I tried applying for a singular GCSE course but was told it’s for age 19+ only and it’s also “past this years enrolment time”. So I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can do, wether I can still join a college after a specific enrolment date etc… any help really appreciated!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Isabellaroses
Ive been out of school since age 13 due to mental health issues and Ive never sat my GCSES. I wanted to get my qualifications at my local college but I was told I’d have to do a separate course alongside studying for my GCSES and I think it will be too much for me to handle mentally. I tried applying for a singular GCSE course but was told it’s for age 19+ only and it’s also “past this years enrolment time”. So I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can do, wether I can still join a college after a specific enrolment date etc… any help really appreciated!!!

if you wanted to get your gcses online you could but it will be expensive another choice you have is to contact a local secondary or grammar school and ask if you can enroll their and explain your situation.

https://www.openstudycollege.com/qualifications/gcse?

Quick Reply

Latest