The Student Room Group

A level mocks

I do history biology and chemistry and want to do medicine. Im in year 1 and got CBC in my mocks, im really upset bc I KNOW for a fact I could have done 100% better but I just made so many silly mistakes and in history I literally just froze. Ik in my next exam what to do to get higher grades and im so disappointed in myself but I feel like ive let my teachers down and im actually feeling so ashamed of my grades
thats okay! it's only mocks. i did sociology, psychology and biology and in my year 13 january/february mocks i got BCE (the e was only a few marks above a u) and i ended up with A*CC in the real thing. you haven't let anyone down at all, you have lots of time to improve. if i could get from an e to a c in 5 ish months then you have plenty of time to work on your grades - don't beat yourself up over it, they're mocks for a reason and your teachers are there to help you :smile:
Tbh, the general consensus is that students tend to perform better in their end of year 13 exams compared to what they attained in year 1.

I got CDD in year 12 to A*A*A in year 13 (studying medicine right now). Obviously everyone is different but if you believe in yourself and put your mind into it, you can do better than what you’re currently on.

How do you revise?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)Tbh, the general consensus is that students tend to perform better in their end of year 13 exams compared to what they attained in year 1.

I got CDD in year 12 to A*A*A in year 13 (studying medicine right now). Obviously everyone is different but if you believe in yourself and put your mind into it, you can do better than what you’re currently on.

How do you revise?
Hey that is so good.

How did you do that?
Reply 4
Original post by Idk5677
I do history biology and chemistry and want to do medicine. Im in year 1 and got CBC in my mocks, im really upset bc I KNOW for a fact I could have done 100% better but I just made so many silly mistakes and in history I literally just froze. Ik in my next exam what to do to get higher grades and im so disappointed in myself but I feel like ive let my teachers down and im actually feeling so ashamed of my grades

Original post by okayykayy
thats okay! it's only mocks. i did sociology, psychology and biology and in my year 13 january/february mocks i got BCE (the e was only a few marks above a u) and i ended up with A*CC in the real thing. you haven't let anyone down at all, you have lots of time to improve. if i could get from an e to a c in 5 ish months then you have plenty of time to work on your grades - don't beat yourself up over it, they're mocks for a reason and your teachers are there to help you :smile:

Original post by CaptainDuckie
Tbh, the general consensus is that students tend to perform better in their end of year 13 exams compared to what they attained in year 1.

How do you revise?

omg i just saw these replies the day before my end of year mocks ahhahaha. I have history tomorrow guys and ive barely revised for it wish me luck i really want to do medicine
If I got C's in my first two small year 12 biology assessments is that going to Impact my predicted grade I feel like I could have done better???

Quick Reply

Latest