The Student Room Group

predicted grades for uni applications

I’ve just got my June mock results and I did awfully. (BCD). This is a major part of the predicted grades, however I won’t be able to get into any courses I want. What can I do to boost my predicted grades? We don’t have any more mocks but may have a few small tests. For biology especially - I got a C in both this mock and the January mock, and consistently all year, apart from an A* and a B in smaller tests. Tysm, advice appreciated!!
Original post by violetsforroses
I’ve just got my June mock results and I did awfully. (BCD). This is a major part of the predicted grades, however I won’t be able to get into any courses I want. What can I do to boost my predicted grades? We don’t have any more mocks but may have a few small tests. For biology especially - I got a C in both this mock and the January mock, and consistently all year, apart from an A* and a B in smaller tests. Tysm, advice appreciated!!

It is your school who will decide your predicted grades, so only they can answer this question. Have they given you any indication as to their predictions will be? (Or are you just guessing the'll be BCD because these mocks are "a major part of the predicted grades".)

Some schools will assess your current level (BCD) and predict one grade up (ABC) to reflect expected improvement during Year 13. Would ABC get you an offer from the courses you're interested in?

Can you ask you school for a one-off extra "mock" early in year 13 to provide additional evidence for the predictions? (I know of at least one school local to me which offers this. Unfortunately, they schedule these exams for the first day of term, meaning you have to revise over the summer holidays.)
Original post by DataVenia
It is your school who will decide your predicted grades, so only they can answer this question. Have they given you any indication as to their predictions will be? (Or are you just guessing the'll be BCD because these mocks are "a major part of the predicted grades".)

Some schools will assess your current level (BCD) and predict one grade up (ABC) to reflect expected improvement during Year 13. Would ABC get you an offer from the courses you're interested in?

Can you ask you school for a one-off extra "mock" early in year 13 to provide additional evidence for the predictions? (I know of at least one school local to me which offers this. Unfortunately, they schedule these exams for the first day of term, meaning you have to revise over the summer holidays.)

Thanks sm for the idea!! I was planning on revising over the summer holidays anyway so i am confident with year 12 content before year 13, so i will definitely ask about that!
i would practise until i have the mark that i want :smile:
Original post by violetsforroses

hey, I was in this position last year and managed to pull up to ABB now, with offers from unis like KCL and Manchester. you've got this!! 💕

Quick Reply

Latest