The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Hi there, I have almost finished my personal statement however right now it is about 5000 characters, does anybody have advice on what I can cut out of it to make it meet the 4000 character requirements? Thank youuu :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by samanthah06
Hi there, I have almost finished my personal statement however right now it is about 5000 characters, does anybody have advice on what I can cut out of it to make it meet the 4000 character requirements? Thank youuu :smile:

lines spaces in between paragraphs, filler sentences, and any filler words.
Original post by samanthah06

Anything along the lines of “studying x A level has given me y skill/knowledge” admissions staff know what different A levels provide to prepare you.

Anything about hobbies or work experience/extra curriculars that aren’t directly related to your chosen degree.

You should be aiming for about 3,400-3,600 characters to include proper paragraph spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending