The Student Room Group

requesting reduced time off work

Hi, so I have a question and would like other's opinion on the situation I'm in. So basically I'm 22 years old and plan u studying part time in January. I just started a job two weeks ago with my mother's partners' company, I work from 8am-5pm so nine hour days. I'm currently in a really bad way and I've made an appointment with a therapist this week (my first time ever) because I feel like I have depression. (I've been through a lot these past four years). I'm not completely happy at work and my depression is getting the best of me to be honest. I would like to request reduced hours but I don't want my boss (my mum's partner) to think that I'm trying to take advantage of my position. I feel like I need some time to myself to heal and get my mind working the way it used to. My ideal work times would be from 8 till 3pm at least so not much of a big change. I'm very nervous on how to tell him and what I should say, how should I go about it please ? Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest