The Student Room Group

Recommended reading

Hi
Can anyone recommend any books for a prospective 1st year psychology student?
Many thanks
Original post by Highlandfling
Hi
Many thanks

Hi @Highlandfling,

Below are some core textbooks I found useful throughout my few modules in my first year.

Banyard, P., Norman, C., Dillon, G., & Winder, B. (Eds.). (2019). Essential Psychology (3rd edition.). London: Sage.
Maltby, J., Day, L., & Macaskill, A. (2017). Personality, individual differences and intelligence (4th ed.). Pearson.
Carr, A. (2011). Positive psychology: The science of happiness and human strengths. Routledge.
Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2008) Flow: The Psychology of Optimal experience. . New York: Harper Perennial Modern Classics.

These were some of the textbooks I used for modules such as, 'introduction to psychology', 'positive psychology,' and 'individual differences'. I was also able to buy them off Amazon, if you're interested in getting it for yourself :smile:

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Hiya
Not specially for that uni but Id recommend why we do the things we do by Joel levy for psychology
Original post by Highlandfling
Hi
Many thanks

@Highlandfling
I studied Psychology all the way through to completing an MSc, a useful book for the entire journey is Coolican 'Research methods and statistics in psychology' - its brilliant

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending