The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial admission test then interview

Hi,
How long until you get notified if you have an interview after the CS admission test? It's been 2 weeks....
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skimonkey
Hi,
How long until you get notified if you have an interview after the CS admission test? It's been 2 weeks....
Thank you

Some people have interviews for JMC so one assumes that they are going through the CS applications soon. I did my test on the 12th of October but haven't heard anything from them either.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Some people have interviews for JMC so one assumes that they are going through the CS applications soon. I did my test on the 12th of October but haven't heard anything from them either.

Thank you- currently obsessing about this and Cambridge interviews 🤣
Thank you- currently obsessing about this and Cambridge interviews 🤣

So am I. TMUA could have gone better for me so my Cambridge chances are less so I'm hoping more for Imperial interviews.
Reply 4
So am I. TMUA could have gone better for me so my Cambridge chances are less so I'm hoping more for Imperial interviews.

Still waiting! Let me know how you get on.
Just received the invitation for an interview with JMC. Did the test two weeks ago.
Reply 6
Congrats.
I've received my invite for interview in computing at Imperial, fixed on 29th Nov
Original post by microbe fan
I've received my invite for interview in computing at Imperial, fixed on 29th Nov

Same
Hi,
Thank you

I got my interview invite a couple of days ago during my EPQ lesson at about 11 am. I sent my application in on 27/09/2023 and did the admissions test on 12/10/23.
Reply 10
Original post by microbe fan

Well done. How long after the test was this?
Thanks
Reply 11
Well done. How long after the test was this?
Thanks

Hi @Skimonkey,

I am Anonymous #1. I submitted my application on 27/09 (quite early I felt but others have submitted far earlier from what I hear). I got an email on 9/10 saying that there would be an admissions test for Imperial (which I wasn't even aware of) but thankfully it didn't require any work of any sort as they literally say "No prior preparation is required" and following the test, they were right.

I did my admissions test on 12/10 and I felt as though the questions were quite straighforward but timing was tight so it is hard to say what mark out of 100 I would get. Plus, we don't actually know how many marks each question is during the test.

I got my interview invite two days ago (as I already mentioned in this thread) and that means that following the admissions test, I got my interview invite 29 days after. I know people who applied before me and haven't heard anything back for CS so I wouldn't worry about it. When they are ready, they will reply. Also, from last year, I know several people that applied early but didn't actually get a verdict for whether they were successful or not in obtaining an interview until March of the year they were expecting to enter university.

The official UCAS deadline for ALL applicants is 31st of Jan and Imperial tend to pace themselves in terms of the number of people they give out offers to interview from now until March next year. I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 12
Thank you I will try not to 😊
Thank you I will try not to 😊

Are you home or international student??
Most (if not all) take longer to process internationals. One of my friends is a home applicant and he sent his in like 10 mins before mine (same course) but he hasn't heard anything back.
Reply 15
Are you home or international student??

Home student
Reply 16
Home student

I have a Maths interview at Trinity on the 4th December. Exciting and terrifying!
I have a Maths interview at Trinity on the 4th December. Exciting and terrifying!

wow!! I hope you get an offer from them.

I'm not getting an interview for sure bc my TMUA went badly. The paper was SO easy but I didn't leave enough time for myself to mark on the answers. I only got 9/20 questions shaded in. ☹️
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #1
wow!! I hope you get an offer from them.

I'm not getting an interview for sure bc my TMUA went badly. The paper was SO easy but I didn't leave enough time for myself to mark on the answers. I only got 9/20 questions shaded in. ☹️

Thank you that's very kind, I'll let u know.
Original post by vnayak
Hi @Skimonkey,

I am Anonymous #1. I submitted my application on 27/09 (quite early I felt but others have submitted far earlier from what I hear). I got an email on 9/10 saying that there would be an admissions test for Imperial (which I wasn't even aware of) but thankfully it didn't require any work of any sort as they literally say "No prior preparation is required" and following the test, they were right.

I did my admissions test on 12/10 and I felt as though the questions were quite straighforward but timing was tight so it is hard to say what mark out of 100 I would get. Plus, we don't actually know how many marks each question is during the test.

I got my interview invite two days ago (as I already mentioned in this thread) and that means that following the admissions test, I got my interview invite 29 days after. I know people who applied before me and haven't heard anything back for CS so I wouldn't worry about it. When they are ready, they will reply. Also, from last year, I know several people that applied early but didn't actually get a verdict for whether they were successful or not in obtaining an interview until March of the year they were expecting to enter university.

The official UCAS deadline for ALL applicants is 31st of Jan and Imperial tend to pace themselves in terms of the number of people they give out offers to interview from now until March next year. I wouldn't worry too much.

hi i’m an home student i applied early october did my test late October and it’s 29th january now and i still haven’t got invited to an interview. Does it usually take this long? the last interview date is 28th feb :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending