The Student Room Group

Girls, do you mind being called 'chicks', 'birds', 'broads' etc?

A quick question for the ladies here. Do you get annoyed if guys refer to you as 'birds', 'babes', 'chicks', 'broads', etc. Or don't you mind? Or if your bf refers to you as 'his bird' etc.

To be honest, I find it just as offensive when girls refer to men as 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers' etc. We are MEN or GUYS, not 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers', ok!
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I will punch someone if they call me that. In the face.
Reply 2
Original post by cellophane11
I will punch someone if they call me that. In the face.

Awh, calm down Chick. :wink:

:hide:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Hate it.
I would also punch someone in the face if they call me that.
You forgot to include bitches and ho's, not that i would ever use such terms....however saying that, i do like 'dames' and 'broads' very vintage.
Reply 5
I think calling someone a broad is genuinely rude.
Most of those words sound like you picked them out of some cheesy black and white film :smile:

Can't say I'm too keen on any of those names though to answer your question!
As much as I hate those words too, LOL at the girls saying they'd punch someone in the face it they were called that. No you wouldn't.
I'd find it weird to be called 'broad' because I don't live in 1930s America.
Reply 9
Original post by Nerd_No_More

To be honest, I find it just as offensive when girls refer to men as 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers' etc. We are MEN or GUYS, not 'blokes', 'dudes', 'geezers', ok!

Honestly? I love the word blokes.
Haha, doesn't bother me at all. I just find it funny.
'Tits on sticks' is the best one I've heard.
Reply 12
i think its disrespectful. Whats wrong with just saying girls
Reply 13
I've never heard anyone refer to a girl as a 'broad' before...
anyway, although I'd prefer to be referred to as a 'girl' I'm pretty laid back and wouldn't really care if I was referred to in the other ways...
Reply 14
Don't like it, not particularly due to offensiveness, it's just immature and doesn't sound like the language of someone I'd like to date.

I never refer to guys as "dudes", but I don't think most guys find it offensive, as they refer to each other that way... It's not a girls' word.
Reply 15
I'd call any of my guy mates dude and they'd probably call me the above names too.. But we'd do it to each other's faces and usually in jest.

On the subject of old-fashioned names though, one friend calls me 'toots', which I actually think is quite cool :smile:
Not broads, I don't really get that. It's so american. Chick I can deal with. In fact where I'm from chick is frequently used by everyone from shop employees to friends of the family, so I am somewhat immune to it. Equally to 'bab', although 'cock' still cracks me up. Yes, people call girls cocks as a term of endearment.
Reply 17
I like that word 'Broad'. Sounds like something out of them old school American gangster films lol
The only time I've heard girls being called "chicks" was in a school production of Grease
Hate. It.
'Bird' is the worst thing ever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending