The Student Room Group

Why did a University call me?

A university I applied and had an interview with has given me a call but I was in class and now I probably won't be able to get in contact with them until Monday. Speculations/what is likely the reason? Thank you.
Original post by bluemadhatter
A university I applied and had an interview with has given me a call but I was in class and now I probably won't be able to get in contact with them until Monday. Speculations/what is likely the reason? Thank you.

To offer you a place maybe?
Original post by User_name001
To offer you a place maybe?

This is what I am hoping is the case, will universities ever call if you did not get the place?
This is what I am hoping is the case, will universities ever call if you did not get the place?

Definitely try to contact you again did you provide them with email too…?
Original post by User_name001
Definitely try to contact you again did you provide them with email too…?
Yes they have my email, they were emailing me for the interview etc. I even checked spam! I will have to wait until Monday but they have an open day tomorrow that I am attending so maybe I can also ask then.
Yes they have my email, they were emailing me for the interview etc. I even checked spam! I will have to wait until Monday but they have an open day tomorrow that I am attending so maybe I can also ask then.

Definitely worth asking the student admin team. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 6
i had a university call me to tell me about their offer holder day
Hi there,

Congratulations on making it through your interview!

Universities call for numerous reasons.

It may be to update you on your application or to ask for additional details for your submission.

Additionally, universities call to inform about upcoming events like Applicant Days, Tasters Days or Open Days, which are meant for you to have a better understanding and perspective of the institute. So they can call and ask if you would like to attend.

Lastly, they may call you to let you know if there have been any changes to the course and ask if that impacts your application.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Hey @bluemadhatter ,

Calls are usually made to inform applicants of key upcoming events such as Offer Holder Days, or Q/A webinars that help you feel more comfortable with choosing the said university. On some occasions, calls are made to ask the applicant for essential information, this is what happened with me when my university called to get a hold of some financial documents, so there is no need to worry.

I would advise you to email the university or try calling them back as early as possible.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Addy(Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending