The Student Room Group

worried about exams

I want to achieve grade 8s and 9s in all subjects. how can I achieve this? does anybody have experience in getting grade 4/5s and then in the end getting a 8 or 9? how did you do it? my weakest subject/s is science, my strongest is maths.

science I'm getting 4/5/6s

maths I'm getting 8/9
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by yzven
for gcse science, download anki, make flashcards from CGP book and any past paper or practice Qs you get wrong. memorise word for word the markschemes on these Qs. easy 9s. for me, anki is so powerful for memorisation, and carries on being useful for A-level

thank you so much
Reply 2
it sounds like total waffle but trust me: reframing.

it's okay that you're struggling and yes we'd all like to do better but sometimes you might stress yourself out so much trying to do better that you actually limit yourself. you're struggling with the sciences? no biggie! we've got more time than we think but we also waste more time than we think on stressing about grades.

-do your best
-reduce stress
-use anki
-stick stuff to your walls and recite it while getting ready (for things like formulae or systems)
-do practice papers - take note of where you make mistakes and go over them (make notes, flashcards, whatever works best for you) and also look for weird questions that keep popping up, because sometimes the examiners phrase really weird questions
-don't be afraid to ask for help from teachers/peers/family/forum users

good luck and hope this helps x
Reply 3
Original post by bibarub
it sounds like total waffle but trust me: reframing.

it's okay that you're struggling and yes we'd all like to do better but sometimes you might stress yourself out so much trying to do better that you actually limit yourself. you're struggling with the sciences? no biggie! we've got more time than we think but we also waste more time than we think on stressing about grades.

-do your best
-reduce stress
-use anki
-stick stuff to your walls and recite it while getting ready (for things like formulae or systems)
-do practice papers - take note of where you make mistakes and go over them (make notes, flashcards, whatever works best for you) and also look for weird questions that keep popping up, because sometimes the examiners phrase really weird questions
-don't be afraid to ask for help from teachers/peers/family/forum users

good luck and hope this helps x

thank you sm ur so sweet xx

Quick Reply

Latest