The Student Room Group

feeling slightly negative about my paper today lol

just feel like i was revising so so much for it all to be over in 1 hour, and it was negatively marked multiple choice but now thinking about the questions more i left some really easy ones blank and guessed some harder ones which probably made me lose marks.

basically just feels like i wasted my own effort yk? or just didnt try hard enough to understand the questions and rushed through worried about time. just feel rly worried. i know this is my first ever uni paper and first year is just "10% of my degree" and whatever but i still am so so disappointed in myself; i know i could have done so much better!! like i missed out some easy qs which is so stupid of me ugh

anyway i have an exam after tomorrow and i just wanna get over this one so i dont feel negative about that one too lol. just feel like i had a chance to prove myself and wasted it. sorry vent lol
Original post by fried399
just feel like i was revising so so much for it all to be over in 1 hour, and it was negatively marked multiple choice but now thinking about the questions more i left some really easy ones blank and guessed some harder ones which probably made me lose marks.

basically just feels like i wasted my own effort yk? or just didnt try hard enough to understand the questions and rushed through worried about time. just feel rly worried. i know this is my first ever uni paper and first year is just "10% of my degree" and whatever but i still am so so disappointed in myself; i know i could have done so much better!! like i missed out some easy qs which is so stupid of me ugh

anyway i have an exam after tomorrow and i just wanna get over this one so i dont feel negative about that one too lol. just feel like i had a chance to prove myself and wasted it. sorry vent lol

Hey!

Sometimes these things just happen. You revise for hours and end up getting nervous during it and not giving it as much as you hoped. That's okay. There will always be times when you feel like you didn't do your best but try not to stress about it too much. It happened and you can't change it, we can't alter the past so why bother stressing about it. You've got this!

Best of luck,
Jess - Digital Student Ambassador at ARU

Hi there,

I would also say that there isn't much point stressing about it too much now! You never really know how you have done in an exam until you get the results so stressing about it is only going to make you feel worried but there isn't anything you can change about it now so try not to worry.

At least you know what an exam is like at uni now and this will prepare you for the next time you have one! It's also good as you now have a sense of your time management and how you will manage this going forward in exams and uni in general.

I hope you get the results you are hoping for,
Lucy - SHU student ambassador.
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi there,

I would also say that there isn't much point stressing about it too much now! You never really know how you have done in an exam until you get the results so stressing about it is only going to make you feel worried but there isn't anything you can change about it now so try not to worry.

At least you know what an exam is like at uni now and this will prepare you for the next time you have one! It's also good as you now have a sense of your time management and how you will manage this going forward in exams and uni in general.

I hope you get the results you are hoping for,
Lucy - SHU student ambassador.

PRSOM

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you struggled with your exam. Since it's over with now, it's probably best to just put it to the back of your mind and move on, these things happen to all of us at some point! You may have done better than you think regardless, and if not you will be able to make up for it on future assignments.
Good luck on your next exam :smile:
-Kat (2nd year psychology undergraduate at Lancaster University)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending