The Student Room Group

Changing a level subjects

I’m in year 12 and October half term has just finished. I really don’t like biology and I really want to change it to English literature but 2 months have already past and I’m not sure how much content I’ve missed. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Randommmm101
I’m in year 12 and October half term has just finished. I really don’t like biology and I really want to change it to English literature but 2 months have already past and I’m not sure how much content I’ve missed. What should I do?

Does your college/ sixth form have a deadline for you to change subjects in?
Reply 2
Original post by eallistar
Does your college/ sixth form have a deadline for you to change subjects in?

As far as I’m aware I probably have the end of this month to decide.
Reply 3
Right so I’m in y13 and I’m doing biology right now and in my opinion if you don’t like it now cause it gets more difficult and more boring it’ll just make life hell. So I would ask a English lit teacher about how much they’ve covered and decide based on that whether you can bothered catching up - it’s not been that long, people have done it and it’s not impossible so go for it if you really want to :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by eallistar
Right so I’m in y13 and I’m doing biology right now and in my opinion if you don’t like it now cause it gets more difficult and more boring it’ll just make life hell. So I would ask a English lit teacher about how much they’ve covered and decide based on that whether you can bothered catching up - it’s not been that long, people have done it and it’s not impossible so go for it if you really want to :smile:

Thank you so much for the advice and ur input! I’ll definitely consider talking to one of the English teachers. I just don’t want to waste anymore time dwelling on this 😂
Reply 5
Original post by Randommmm101
Thank you so much for the advice and ur input! I’ll definitely consider talking to one of the English teachers. I just don’t want to waste anymore time dwelling on this 😂
Hey, I'm in Year 12 and was in the same position as you. I absolutely hated Biology and hated going to class from September to October. The deadline to change subjects had passed at the end of September but I managed to talk to my Head of Sixth Form and told her that it would not be a good idea for me to continue with it as I would get a bad grade. Thankfully, I dropped it on the last day of the first term and spent the rest of my October half-term catching up on the subject that I switched to. I'm much happier now and am getting better grades!

Did you manage to switch and how are you finding it so far?

Quick Reply

Latest