The Student Room Group

science alevel but wanna do law

so i have started my alevels with a strong passion for medicine, but realised chem isn’t for me and it’s too late to switch in my school. i was looking into law and really enjoyed what i was seeing. for context i’m doing bio, chem + english lit. would my sciences put me down? could i still apply for law? thanks!!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by annoymous72
so i have started my alevels with a strong passion for medicine, but realised chem isn’t for me and it’s too late to switch in my school. i was looking into law and really enjoyed what i was seeing. for context i’m doing bio, chem + english lit. would my sciences put me down? could i still apply for law? thanks!!

Yes of course you can still apply for law! Unis are quite flexible in terms of A level subject choices for law. Taking English lit puts you at an advantage for when you start the course.
Original post by annoymous72

For law, unis dont usually specify any particular subjects. They just want particular grades. So yes you will be fine. All 3 subjects you have chosen are strong subjects and you have one essay subject in there. So yes you are fine.
Is it definitely too late to change? I remember my college having people change subjects at Christmas time. Would it be possible to really insist on being able to change and proving you will be able to catch up with the content? But either way you can still apply for law as most law degrees don't have any specific subject requirements and only prefer you to have an essay based subject as at least one A level, which you will have with English lit
Reply 4
Original post by Username123ab
Is it definitely too late to change? I remember my college having people change subjects at Christmas time. Would it be possible to really insist on being able to change and proving you will be able to catch up with the content? But either way you can still apply for law as most law degrees don't have any specific subject requirements and only prefer you to have an essay based subject as at least one A level, which you will have with English lit

sadly, the deadline was end of september and my head of year / sixth form head said no :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest