The Student Room Group

Have I got a good chance at getting this job?

I was made redundant in June from a business analyst role in which I worked in for 5 years.

I took a short holiday after that, I have been applying to some jobs after that and have had a few interviews but with no luck.

Last month I had an interview for software engineer role on a 18 month contract at my local police station. The manager for the role got back in touch with me a few days after and said that i don't have the exact skills to get started straightaway as it's only for 18 months the role doesn't have much time to be trained up in as it covers a wide range of services, however she told me about an upcoming role in the same team which she feels my skills are more aligned with.

Its a similar role and is a 2 year contract so there is more time to learn on the job and it covers less wide projects.

She told me that I will need to go through the application and interview process again, but she has asked me to get in touch if I have any questions.

The talent acquisition lead/internal recruiter emailed me the link to the role 2 weeks ago and he said 'we have to be fair and advertise this to everyone, but we would really like you to apply for this role' so I have applied for it.

The job post closed last week, and the interview is confirmed for next week.

It says the same as it did when I interviewed for the previous role, that its a 45 minute competency based interview with the same people as last time. Seen as I have already interviewed for a similar role and with the same people, could I expect this interview to be any easier?
Reply 1
You personally may find it easier as you've already been through the process.

However, the interview will be basically the same for every candidate; the company can't tailor it for every individual or for previous applicants as that would leave them open to accusations of bias and unfair practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending