The Student Room Group

How do i write a reflective document throw me some ideas...

Hi i am studying at university on a placement year module, and i have been asked to write a reflective document/essay based on this, what kind of ideas do you guys have to compile a good essay based on this information. Any help would be appreciated. Thank u
Reply 1
Original post by Niaz22
Hi i am studying at university on a placement year module, and i have been asked to write a reflective document/essay based on this, what kind of ideas do you guys have to compile a good essay based on this information. Any help would be appreciated. Thank u

Google Gibbs Reflectice cycle, and then use it to formulate some ideas. Think about going on placement and what happened, key challenges and how you felt and how you dealt with them and what you learnt and what you will do in future placements because of this. Referencs Gibbs at beginning if appropriate.

Greg
Here's a structure and some ideas for your essay, though late.

Introduction
- Briefly introduce the purpose of your placement year and its relevance to your academic studies.
- Clearly state the goal of your reflective essay to analyze and reflect on your experiences during the placement.

Body
Overview of Placement
- Provide a brief overview of the organization and industry of your placement.
- Discuss your initial expectations and goals before starting the placement.
Learning Objectives
- Outline the specific learning objectives you set for yourself at the beginning of the placement.
- Evaluate to what extent these objectives were achieved and how they evolved over time.
Skills Development
- Highlight the key skills you gained or enhanced during the placement (e.g., communication, teamwork, problem-solving).
- Use specific examples or projects to illustrate your skill development.
Challenges and Solutions
- Discuss any challenges you faced during the placement and how you addressed them.
- Reflect on what you've learned from overcoming these challenges.
Professional and Personal Growth
- Explore how the placement contributed to your professional development.
- Reflect on any personal growth, such as increased confidence or adaptability.
Interaction with Colleagues
- Discuss your relationships with colleagues and superiors.
- Reflect on how these interactions influenced your experience and what you learned from them.
Alignment with Academic Studies
- Relate your placement experiences to your academic studies.
- Discuss how theoretical knowledge gained during your studies was applied in the workplace.
Conclusion
- Summarize the key points discussed in the essay.
- Reflect on the overall impact of the placement on your personal and professional development.

- Be honest and reflective. Discuss both successes and challenges.
- Use specific examples to support your reflections.
- Connect your experiences to relevant theories or concepts from your academic studies.

Remember, this essay is an opportunity to showcase your self-awareness, growth, and ability to apply academic knowledge in a practical setting. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending