The Student Room Group

Flexible working nursing student - HELP!

Hi everyone,

I've applied for the flexible working student policy and I'm unsure on how to answer these questions.

I already did the initial form and submitted it, however I don't think they liked my answers as they've emailed me again asking for further clarification and for me to answer the questions again:

What impact would this arrangement have on your colleagues (other students) ? - it is a requirement that you spend time to consider this question. Please seek support from your university to help you reflect on this question and resubmit a response to this question via email .

What impact could this request have on your ability to complete your Practice Assessment Document (PAD/ePAD)? - it is a requirement that you spend time to consider this question. Please seek support from your university to help you reflect on this question and resubmit a response to this question via email .

For the first question in the initial form, I wrote "I'm unsure on how this would affect other colleagues." I've asked to work Monday-Thursday on the flexible working scheme, just to give you an idea, due to childcare and other commitments that would make placement much easier for me. I don't actually have an idea on how this would impact other colleagues? I'm with 8 other student nurses from different universities, and have no way to contact them to ask how it would impact them.
For the second question, I already wrote in the initial form that my ePad hours would be met due to having 3 long days a week and one 9-5 on the Wednesday that is compulsory for my trust. For that question, should I send the same thing and also write "I'm aware that I must do weekends and nights in accordance with the NMC policy. I'd like Monday-Thursday as my official daytime days however, the nights and the weekends if it's possible, to do only the required amount set out by the NMC policy, and to be told in advance.
Im really stuck on what to say in the first question, I'd really appreciate your help.
Hi - I am looking through comments for help on areas I need clarity on before any application. Is this in respect of placements on a nursing degree can I ask please?
Hi there,

If you feel that there is no way this would impact other students, then put that, but you may need to explain your reasoning.
State that this is for childcare purposes and therefore would not negatively impact any other colleagues, as it is personal to you. You could put that perhaps this may affect your ability to work with your mentors on placement, but that this can be remedied by committing to communicate amongst the team and working with people who would feedback to your mentor to ensure your documentation is completed

Seek out some guidance from your university, too, if possible

Good luck

Nat
Third-year student nurse and LJMU ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending